At the Movies (formally Reel Messages) is back! It's something we've done for several years now and seems to be a congregational favorite. Every week we'll show snippets from our featured film that will help us apply faith concepts to real life.
The series will feature moments from the films: Walk the Line, Chaos Walking, The Impossible, Christopher Robin, and Aladdin. The popcorn machine will be going every week, featuring popcorn from the Detroit Popcorn Company. Most weeks we’ll also have door prizes for our congregation, both in person and online. Looking forward to kicking off a great summer!!
LOOKING BACK: Here are some highlights from the last couple of months:
- We had a powerful Easter season with Good Friday worship, our Easter egg hunt, and our celebration service on Sunday. Lots of people were impacted with the good news!
- A well is being built in Africa to provide safe water for a village thanks to your generosity! If you missed the video, you can catch it at: https://vimeo.com/563940699. Joy’s son is heading up this exciting project.
- We had great involvement in our spring groups.
- Both coffee and Children’s ministry are back! The kids are having a great time connecting again and learning more about God together. Also, come try Pastor Eric’s special “turbo blend.”
- We recognized our 3 graduates. Congrats to Collin, Shayne, and Kyle!
- Congrats to Nate and Collin on their baptisms, praise God!!
- We provided popsicles, water, and more to help Schweitzer students through the warm days.
- We have gone over a year since the pandemic started, and still no transmissions at a church event, PTL!
Volunteer Appreciation Cookout: At WFMC, our volunteers are the backbone of our mission. We’re so thankful for the support we continue to receive from our volunteers. To show our appreciation for all of your service, we have planned a Volunteer Appreciation Cookout. This will be held on Sunday, July 18th @ 6 PM at the church. We will be providing Brats, Hot Dogs, Sides, and Beverages. If you have volunteered in the last year, please RSVP yourself and any guests at: westlandfmc.com/thankyou so we can be ready to host!
School may be on break, but Anchor (6th-12th grade) is still offering students a chance to connect. All incoming sixth graders are invited to join us for summer events!
Anchor Student Bonfire and Yard Games: Join us Thursday, June 24th - from 7-9 PM join us in the Rose's Backyard (across the parking lot from the church) for yard games, smores, and a blazing fire!
Anchor Student Tubing Trip in Ann Arbor: Thursday, July 8th, students are invited to join us for a fun tubing trip at Gallup Park. There, students will tube (or kayak) down the cascades at the park. We are leaving from the church @ 3:30 PM and will be returning around 7:30 PM.
- What to wear/bring:
- Completed Anchor Student Min Release Form
- Bottle of Water (we will have extra.)
- Dress to be in the water
- Bring towel and clothes to change into after tubing
- Bring snacks if you like since we are eating late dinner
- Cost: $10 for rental of Tube and life vest
- Extra Money for a dinner stop (quick casual)
Want to take communion from home with the same elements we are using onsite? Visit westlandfmc.com/communion and we’ll send them right to your home!!
WFMC 150th Celebration: On September 28th, 1871, the Wayne Free Methodist Church (Now Westland FMC) was planted. Since then, the congregation had moved twice, and in 1858 moved to its current location on Venoy road. For 150 years, we have continued our commitment to loving our community all in the name of Jesus Christ. Over the years, we have seen countless lives changed and have become a beacon of hope in our community.
Join us on Sunday, September 26th, 2021, during a special 10:30 AM celebration service with a luncheon to follow. If you would like to share a memory about how WFMC has impacted you go to westlandfmc.com/celebrate and offer a memory or note of encouragement for the future.
So thankful to be pursuing Jesus and impacting the world around us together!
Leave a Reply