In our staff meetings, we though that may be a timely topic. We then came across a book called “What’s Next” by Chris Hodges. In the book, Chris discusses the “the Journey to Know God, Find Freedom, Discover Purpose, and Make a Difference.” We are excited to explore these topics together over the next month, and we believe that God will use our time together to re-energize and re-focus us for what He has called us to do and who He has called us to be!
We hope you’ll join us each week as we explore our next steps as followers of Jesus!
- We have continued to experience safe and spirit filled worship in house and online, PTL! Online viewership and engagement remains high, and we keep fixing technology issues that will lead to a better experience there. In house attendance is up and we’ve had to use the sanctuary, overflows, parlor, and gym several weeks to fit everyone in safely! So excited to see so many faces and to see so many staying connected online.
- Our growth groups are off and running! With 10 groups, we are seeing high levels of engagement. So many have said they have craved connecting with each other in-person in a safe manner. Will you join weekly in prayer for all our groups and group leaders, as we live out pursuing Jesus in community? It's not too late to connect, you can jump into a group by signing up online at: westlandfmc.com/groups
- Many people have received ongoing prayer and encouragement through constant communication from our team.
- Beans and Bibles continues to meet virtually and Dinner Church is exploring what it looks like to come back to Jefferson Barns. Please continue to pray for these church communities!
- We continue to explore various ways to partner with our school to help our community! We even received an award in recognition of all of our efforts to support our school and community!!
- We had around a dozen people for our marriage night event!
Kids Quest Updates: Currently, we with many schools beginning to open for in-person learning, we are beginning the conversations about what it might look like to re-open our Sunday morning kids ministry. We are keeping up-to-date with local schools' decisions and the advice of our Southern Michigan Conference of the Free Methodist Church, state and local health officials, and the CDC.
In order to gauge families' comfortability levels as we develop policies and protocols, please take a few minutes and fill out a short survey by going to westlandfmc.com/kids. It is our hope that our kid's quest and nursery on Sunday AM (during worship) would be able to resume in the next several months. This would include taking necessary precautions, adopting protocols, possible changes to classroom layouts, and may include combining grades. Please pray for all of the details and let us know if you are interested in helping minister to our kids.
We are really excited to announce this year’s Harvest Offering! This Emergency Relief Fund will go towards helping people around the world who are suffering as a result of the worldwide pandemice. Learn more at westlandfmc.com/harvest2020.
Anchor has been meeting Thursday nights since the beginning of September, and things are going great! Please continue to pray for our leaders and students as they seek God and grow together each Thursday.
Fallapalooza is coming October 31st! We’ll have candy, games, “spooky” stories, a movie, and more starting at 5pm. There is still time to volunteer or donate candy. Find out more at westlandfmc.com/fallapalooza.
As a reminder, we are still in Phase 3 of our re-gathering plan. For more information about what the means for each ministry visit westlandfmc.com/welcomeback. You are all in our prayers and we are here to help in any way!